Our Immigration Practice

Our immigration practice is divided into two main areas: family immigration and employment immigration. We serve a diverse clientele, from the individual to the largest businesses.

Family immigration is appropriate when a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident wishes to have a family member obtain permanent (immigrant) or temporary (non-immigrant) status in the U.S. Examples of family immigration matters are: fiancé(e) visas (K-1), and permanent residence cards for spouses, parents, children, and siblings. Family immigration can also involve citizenship–when a permanent resident wishes to be naturalized and obtain U.S. citizenship.

Employment immigration assistance is usually needed by a business that is seeking to employ foreign workers. Examples of employment-related and business immigration matters are: permanent residence (often known as a green card) based on employment; H1-B specialty occupation visas; agricultural worker visas; nurse and physical therapist visas; certification from the Department of Labor to hire foreign workers; TN or Trade NAFTA status; student visas (e.g. J-1); company transfers (L-1); and religious worker visas (R-1).

If you have an immigration problem or question, are wondering whether you need to retain an immigration lawyer, or would like a description of how we may able to help you (including any discussion of likely legal fees), please contact us here and we will happily respond to your inquiry as soon as we are able.

Regardless of the nature of your immigration concern, we encourage you to contact us without delay. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) processes petitions in the order in which they receive them. This simply means that, whether your immigration issues will take months or years to resolve, the sooner you submit your completed petition (or other documents) to USCIS, the sooner you may obtain entry into the U.S. or properly change your status.

© 2014 HenterLaw PLC. Charles Henter is the responsible attorney for this website.

415 Park Street, Second Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434) 817-1840
Contact Us